Patients needing a dental crown in Santa Clarita Valley can benefit from a leading dental office boasting decades of experience in providing oral healthcare services to our growing community. At Santa Clarita Valley Dental Care, we emphasize patient care and comfort with a welcoming atmosphere and exceptionally friendly staff. If your teeth are vulnerable, perhaps after a surgical procedure like a root canal or dental implant, our dental professionals will gladly help you get your teeth back to top shape.
Dental crowns are prosthetic covers for your teeth that protect your teeth from further damage. In previous decades, dental crowns were often made of different types of metals such as gold or silver. However, today’s dental crowns are usually comprised of materials that easily blend in with the appearance of your natural teeth. Once a new crown has been installed it’s very difficult to spot the difference between it and a completely natural tooth. It’s also worth mentioning that modern crowns generally last much longer than the pure metal crowns of yesteryear and there is virtually no risk for allergic reactions.
- There are quite a few reasons you might need a dental crown:
- To cover a dental implant
- To hold together a broken or cracked, but otherwise viable tooth
- To cover a tooth root after a root canal
- To hide teeth that are either misshapen or severely discolored
- To support a dental bridge
- To cover a tooth with a large filling (only if the tooth is worn down)
Santa Clarita Valley Dental Care boasts 40 years of experience in treating patients throughout our community. If you need a dental crown or any dental services for that matter, we encourage you to schedule an appointment by calling the number on your screen or via our contact page.