If you need a root canal in Santa Clarita, we’re here to help. A root canal procedure may be an intimidating prospect, especially for patients who may not always be fond of dental visits in the first place.
Here at Santa Clarita Valley Dental Care, we’re happy to say that the procedure’s fearsome reputation is greatly exaggerated when performed properly; moreover, we use the best of modern medicine to ensure that this time-tested procedure is comfortable and its benefits are long-lasting.
At Santa Clarita Valley Dental Care, we like to make sure all of our patients feel relaxed and welcome, and above all else, leave our clinic feeling better. Our dentists are experts in their fields and together we proudly serve patients from Canyon Country, Saugus, Stevenson Ranch, Valencia, and the surrounding areas.
A root canal – or, in more formal terms, an endodontic treatment – is a procedure in which a dentist extracts infected or dead tissue from the interior of a patient’s tooth. The purpose of this operation is threefold:
- To stop a severe infection from spreading to other areas of the patient’s mouth or body
- To prevent or provide relief from what is often severe pain
- To preserve and repair the afflicted tooth
It may sound alarming when we note that a root canal procedure removes the nerve of the tooth; however, patients can rest easy knowing that the only sensation they will be losing is heat or cold sensitivity for that specific tooth. Removing the nerve and pulp does not impact the function of the tooth.
- Call us Immediately if You Experience any of the following:
- Prolonged toothache — Mild or Severe
- Pain when the tooth is touched
- Sensitivity to cold, heat, and/or sweetness
- Swollen gums
- Loose tooth
- Chipping or cracking